FOR SMALL BUSINESSES IN ALCONA COUNTY
· Michigan Strategic Fund authorizes relief programs to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19 and recent public health orders · Application will open January 19 at 9 a.m. EST at michiganbusiness.org/survival
· Small Business Survival grants will be administered by 15 Economic Development Organizations (EDO) covering all 83 counties (Target Alpena will handle applications for Alcona County)
· All applications received will be considered by EDOs in the review process
Businesses must meet the following eligibility requirements:
· Had 1 to 100 employees (including full-time, part-time and owner/employees) on a worldwide basis on November 17, 2020.
· Is in an industry that demonstrates it is affected by the DHHS epidemic orders.
· Needs working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses.
· Can demonstrate an income loss as a result of the Order as determined by the EDO in which an eligible business is located.
The michiganbusiness.org/survival page will also provide businesses with resources to prepare their application, including the application questions and a tutorial video detailing all steps. Businesses must have an account set up in ConnectSpace to submit an application, also linked on the page, which can be established prior to applying. For the convenience of applicants, an electronic queue system will also be in effect once again with businesses entering the queue prior to entry into the application. Businesses will be able to sign up to receive an alert when they have reached the front of the queue, and all applicants who are in the queue by 12:00 p.m. (noon) EST on Friday, January 22 will have an opportunity to complete the application and be considered for funding.
Questions can be directed to Mike Mahler, Target Alpena, 989 354-4181