Michigan Homeowner Assistance Fund (MIHAF)
October 17, 2023
MIHAF is asking for your help to get the word out to Michigan Homeowners that MIHAF Funds are getting low.
MIHAF was established under the American Resue Plan and designed to help Michigan homeowners mitigate hardships associated with the coronavirus pandemic by providing funds to prevent homeowner delinquencies, defaults, foreclosure, loss of utilities or home energy services.
Homeowners can receive up to $25,000.00 for the following:
· Delinquent mortgage/housing expenses, including property tax and insurance escrow shortages.
· Delinquent land contract payments, mobile home consumer loan payments or mobile home park lot payments
· Delinquent property taxes (all years)
· Delinquent condominium/homeowners' association fees
· Delinquent homeowner's insurance,
· Delinquent utilities, gas, electric, water, sewer
· Delinquent internet broadband services
Homeowners can apply at: https://mihaf.michigan.gov/