Local Information regarding modifications due to the Coronavirus as of 3-25-2020- subject to change.
COVID-19 MDHHS Response
- Tollfree hotline number or email address for questions: 1-888-535-6126 and COVID19@michigan.gov
Social Security Offices
- All offices are closed to the public indefinitely. SSA is also extending their deadlines for filing wherever possible. The agency is regularly posting information about how the pandemic is affecting its services. Go to: www.ssa.gov/coronavirus/
- All stores are encouraging on-line order and pick-up service
- Starting 3-19-2020 all stores will be open from 7am – 8:30 pm
- March 24-April 28 customers age 60 and older can shop from 6am – 7am.
- Vision Centers and Pharmacies will remain open as well.
- Starting March 20th all stores will change their hours from:
- 7am-8am on Tues/Thurs for seniors, disabled and ill persons
- 7am-8am M/Wed for medical personnel, law enforcement, first responders
- F-Sun regular store hours 8am–10pm
- Pharmacy is open during all set times
- All stores have special shopping hours for seniors 8am-9am
- All stores will close earlier at 8pm for extra cleaning
- All have special shopping hours for seniors 7am-9am
- Also available on-line order and store pickup
- Can order online for store pickup. Working toward curbside pickup. No other changes.
Save-A-Lot – No changes at this time
- Perch’s in Alpena – Early hours: 7am for seniors at high risk, 8am on Sunday. Pick-up and delivery available.
- Morrison’s in Hillman, Fairview Food Market and Freddie’s in Atlanta – No changes
Harrisville Harbor Grocery
- Accepting phone orders at 989-725-3301. Shoppers may pay over the phone or have a check ready upon delivery. Residents will be contacted within 5 minutes of arrival time. Residents are asked to leave payment at a mutually agreed upon location where their items will also be delivered. No contact will be made to eliminate risk.
- All stores are encouraging seniors, anyone ill or with compromised immune systems to stay at home and ask a friend or neighbor to shop for them. They can call the store to place an order for pick-up or possible delivery (case by case)
Radisovich Farms – Mio
- Free delivery to seniors on meat and egg orders every Wednesday. Orders must be places by 6pm the Tuesday before
- All are encouraging use of the drive thru. No other changes
- Updated store hours: 9am – 9pm weekdays in most stores. Drive-thru 9pm – 9am only at 24hr stores
- Free prescription delivery
- Drive-thru shopping. Shop select health, cleaning & grocery items
- Find online care. Consult with a healthcare provider from home at: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/services?ec=hncx1298527h_findcare&$web_only=true&~campaign=hncx1298527h_findcare&mi_u=AAxsn2&$3p=e_cheetahmail&$original_url=https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/services?ec=hncx1298527h_findcare&$web_only=true&~campaign=hncx1298527h_findcare&mi_u=AAxsn2&_branch_match_id=770648861443899851
- Pharmacy chat for advice on medications for symptoms: https://www.walgreens.com/rx-utility/pharmacychat?ec=hncx1298527h_rxchat&%24web_only=true&%24follow_redirect=true&~campaign=hncx1298527h_rxchat&mi_u=AAxsn2&%243p=e_cheetahmail&%24original_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.walgreens.com%2Frx-utility%2Fpharmacychat%3Fec%3Dhncx1298527h_rxchat%26%24web_only%3Dtrue%26%24follow_redirect%3Dtrue%26~campaign%3Dhncx1298527h_rxchat%26mi_u%3DAAxsn2&_branch_match_id=770648861443899851
- Closing at 8pm. No other changes
Alcona Health Center
- All sites have modified walk-in services. They ask that you call ahead to assess your symptoms and whether an office visit is appropriate. They currently have limited ability to diagnose COVID-a9 and no specific treatments.
- They have implemented a front door screening program. This includes anyone who enters the facility. The screening involves brief questions regarding your medical condition and recent travel. They ask that only essential people accompany the patient to the clinic.
- COVID-19 Hotline for questions 8am-5pm (888) 535-6136
Sterling Health Center
- Same as above. All patients are triaged at the front door and stay in their vehicles until called.
- West Branch – This site is temporarily closed. Staff and phone calls have been transferred to the Sterling site
- Hale and Ogemaw clinics remain open
- They are functioning at a lower capacity due to cancellations
Thunder Bay Health
- All sites remain open. You are asked to call first before coming to the clinic. Patients with respiratory symptoms will be screened and provided guidance over the phone. You are asked not to enter the building if you have symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath or any breathing problems.
- All regional hospitals ask if you have a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms to call prior to visiting so you can be screened by a nursing professional
- Ascension Hospital in Tawas and Standish is offering video urgent care visits at home for a discounted rate of $20, no insurance required. Use the code HOME on-line
- All have visiting restrictions. Please contact the individual hospital for instructions
The following have set up the following Covid-19 hotlines
State of Michigan 888-535-6136
Priority Health – Virtual Visits
- Recommends using virtual care for minor symptoms. It connects you with a medical professional any time, wherever you are. It is 100% covered with zero copay. See the attached flyer for instructions
Thunder Bay Transportation
- Ours reduced – running until 1pm M-F and not on weekends. They will make exceptions for doctors appointments with 24 hour advance notice.
Straits Regional Ride
- Running as usual. Cleaning more between routes
- Reduced their hours due to low usage
- They are conducting well-check calls on regular clients to see if they can help with anything.
Crawford Transit Authority
- Working with the senior center to deliver meals
- Effective March 20th Dial-A-Ride will begin prescription and grocery deliveries at no cost. Prescriptions from: Family Fare, Walgreens and the Medicine Shoppe and groceries from Family Fare.
- Saturday Service will be suspended until further notice
- Offering free grocery and prescription pick up and delivery
Roscommon Transit Authority
- Offering free grocery and prescription pick up and porch delivery for Roscommon residents
- Instructions and a list of participating stores attached
School Food Programs in Michigan
- Click the map attachment for participating schools/information:
Food Events in Roscommon County
Mobile Food Distributions
- Mobile Truck at Roscommon County Food Pantry 11am-gone
725 ½ Loxley St, Houghton Lake (line up in vehicles)
Senior Food Programs (60+)-
Monthly Commodity Supplemental Food Program 60+ (CSFP aka Senior Boxes)
- St. Helen Senior Center 9-10am
10493 E Airport Rd, St Helen
- Roscommon Community Center (Senior Ctr) 10:30-11:30am
510 South St, Roscommon
Monthly Commodity Supplemental Food Program 60+ (CSFP aka Senior Boxes)
- Houghton Lake Community Center (Senior Ctr) 9:30-10:30am
2625 S Townline Rd, Houghton Lake
Roscommon County Food Pantry
- Mon-Wed 10am-1pm Thur 4pm-6pm
725 Loxley St, Houghton Lake, MI 48629 (989) 202-4889
St Vincent DePaul- Prudenville
- 329 W West Branch Rd, Prudenville (989) 366-7613
Client Aid & Food Pantry Tues-Fri 10am-2pm
St. Vincent DePaul- Roscommon
- 903 Lake St, Roscommon (989) 275-3036
Client Aid & Food Pantry Tues-Fri 10am-4pm
First Congregational Church
- 107 S Main St, Roscommon (use George St. Lower Level entrance)
Wed Noon-1pm (can visit once a month)
- 10020 Woodlawn St, St Helen
School Food for Students
Roscommon Area Public Schools
“The meals are for any children in the home 18 and under. It does not matter whether they are in school or not or what school they attend. The meals are also for any student attending the COOR Center-Based program, regardless of age.”
They are delivering lunch and breakfast Mon-Thur along RAPS bus route. Contact (989)275-6600 with questions.
Houghton Lake Community Schools
Drive Thru Pick UP behind Elementary School
- 4451 W. Houghton Lake Drive, Houghton Lake
M-Th 11am-2pm Contact is Bob at (989)366-2006
HLCS Bus Deliveries- look for buses between 3:30pm-5:30pm
- Merritt Butterfield Methodist Church, 428 S Merritt Rd, Merritt
- HLCS Community Education, 179 Cloverleaf Ln, Houghton Lake
- Tractor Supply, 3451 W Houghton Lake Dr, Houghton Lake
- Meredith General Store, 9981 N. M18, Gladwin
- Houghton Lake Secretary of State, 2565 S Gladwin Rd, Prudenville
- Save-A-Lot, 725 S Loxley Rd, Houghton Lake
- Markey Township Fire Hall, 2113 N Markey Rd, Houghton Lake
- Builder’s First Source, 6045 E West Branch Rd, St Helen
If you know of any other local businesses in your area making any special arrangements or accommodations for seniors, please let me know. email@example.com