Stemming from the Governor’s stimulus plan, three grant programs were announced last week to help offset some of the personal and professional financial losses that Michiganders may have been incurred due to the coronavirus pandemic – the Employee Assistance Grants, the Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program, and the Michigan Stages Survival Grant Program.
Do not miss out on this opportunity to put money in the pockets of those who may need it the most. Grant highlights are provided below. Please distribute broadly.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE GRANTS
- What: The State of Michigan has allocated $45 million to provide support to employees impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grant Amount: Eligible recipients meeting all criteria and providing a complete and accurate application will be awarded assistance up to $1,650. The award is taxable, but it will NOT count against your unemployment as income.
- Eligible Industries (employees working in the following industries qualify): Restaurants, hotels, motels, bed & breakfast, resorts, bars, food trucks, bowling alleys, theaters, nightclubs, golf courses, banquet halls, caterers, casinos, cafeterias, and other impacted industries.
- Applications: Applications opened on January 15, 2021 at 9:00 am and will be available until January 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm. Click here to learn more and apply.
MICHIGAN SMALL BUSINESS SURVIVAL GRANT PROGRAM
- What: $55 million in survival grants for Michigan small businesses disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 virus.
- Grant Amount: Awarded grant amounts will be at the discretion of each EDO administering the grants. Grants may be awarded up to $20,000 for eligible businesses that have been temporarily closed and up to $15,000 for an eligible business that has been partially closed, or otherwise is open.
- Eligible Expenses: Grant funds may be used by the business for eligible expenses including working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, and other expenses related to reopening a business incurred between November 18, 2020 and April 30, 2021.
- Application: Opens Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 9:00 am EST and will close on Friday, January 22 at 12:00 pm (noon) EST. Click here to learn more and apply.
MICHIGAN STAGES SURVIVAL GRANT PROGRAM
- What: The State of Michigan has allocated $3.5 million to create the Michigan Stages Survival Grant Program to provide grants to entertainment venues affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grant Amount: The maximum grant request is $40,000. There is no match requirement. The Michigan Independent Venue and promoter Association (MIVPA) will have the discretion to recommend final grant award for applications.
- Eligible Expenses: Awarded grant funds are to be used for working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or costs related to reopening a business.
- Applications: Grant applications will open on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 9:00 am EST and close on Thursday, January 28 at 12:00 pm (noon). Click here to learn more and apply.