Heat and Utility Assistance Program

Heat and Utility Assistance 

Alcona | Alpena | Arenac | Cheboygan | Crawford | Iosco | Montmorency | Ogemaw | Oscoda | Otsego | Presque Isle

NEMCSA can assist you in applying for energy assistance through our partnership with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).

The process:

Step 1: Apply for the State Emergency Relief through MDHHS.

NEMCSA has paper applications and a computer available to apply.

Step 2: Receive assistance from MDHHS for your first time assistance with both your heat and electric.

Step 3: Need a second assist or help with a co-payment? Either call or visit the local NEMCSA office to apply!

Meet your Heat and Utility Team!

(Left to Right): Katrina, Beth, and Rosemarie


How Do I Apply?

You may call our office at (989) 358-4713 for help finding other resources in your area.


Apply online at: newmibridges.michigan.gov (paper applications also available)

Click HERE to e-mail or call (989) 358-4713