Need a little boost? NEMCSA has you covered! With the NEMCSA Food Boost Program we offer extra food with the Golden Grocery monthly giveaway, at local pantries and through home delivery!
This program is formally known as: The Food Assistance Program or TEFAP. Food items can include, but not limited to: peanut butter, cheese, soup, canned fruit, meat and vegetables.
Serving: Alcona | Alpena | Arenac | Cheboygan | Crawford | Iosco | Montmorency | Ogemaw | Oscoda | Otsego | Presque Isle
Who can receive a boost?
You live within one of our service counties (listed above)
A person or household meets the below income guidelines OR receives SSI, SNAP, WIC, FDPIR, or CSFP.Household Size: 1, Annual: $29,160, Monthly: $2,430 or Weekly: $561
Household Size: 2, Annual: $39,440, Monthly: $3,287 or Weekly: $758
Household Size: 3, Annual: $49,720, Monthly: $4,143 or Weekly: $956
Household Size: 4, Annual: $60,000 Monthly: $5,000 or Weekly: $1,154
Household Size: 5, Annual: $64,940, Monthly: $5,412 or Weekly: $1,249
Household Size: 6, Annual: $70,280, Monthly: $6,713 or Weekly: $1,549
For each additional family member add, Annual: $10,280, Monthly: $857 or Weekly: $198
NEMCSA Food Boost Program Pantry Partner Locations:
If you are interested in becoming a pantry partner, please contact Tammy at: 989-358-4708
- St. Vincents Mikado. 2227 F41, Mikado, MI 48745. 989-736-6271. Tues-Friday 10-3pm.
- Hubbard Lake Bible Church/Sunrise Community Food Pantry: 13508 Hubbard Lake Rd, Hubbard Lake, MI 49747. Pantry open: second and fourth Wednesday, from 1-3 PM. 989-727-3443
- Lott Baptist Church. 4257 S State Rd, Glennie, MI 48737. (989) 735-3771 1st or 2nd tuesday of the month 130-3pm
- NEMCSA Ossineke Office: 11765 US 23, Ossineke, MI 49766. By appointment, please call: 989-358-4708 to arrange a pick up time.
- St. Vincents Food Pantry: 2635 US-23, Alpena, MI 49707. Drive-thru pantry: Effective April 4th , St Vincent de Paul's Food Pantry will be open by appointment only. The days for this will be on Tuesday and Thursday "with an appointment" The appointments will begin at 11:30 and the last appointment for the day will will be scheduled for 2:15. Appointments are to take place every 15 minutes. For those families that ride together, we can do up to 3 families ONLY in that 15 minute appointment time frame. Please look for the signs that will be posted for the Pantry area. To schedule an appointment, please call the Pantry Line at 989 464 6375. Leave a message if we are unable to answer and we will return your call.
- Salvation Army Alpena: 722 N. 2nd Ave, Alpena, MI 49707, 989-358-2769. Monday-Friday: 830-4pm
St. Mark Church-Au Gres Food Pantry: 415 S. Court St. Au Gres, MI 48703. Tuesday from 10-12pm. 989-876-7925
Beacon of Light Food Pantry-Standish: 201 S Forest St, Standish, MI 48658. Access: Last Wednesday of the month unless a conflict, between 430-630pm. Call Carol: 989-654-3439
Salvation Army, 444 S. Main St. Cheboygan, MI. 231-627-9003. Pantry hours: Tuesdays from 8am-12pm or Thursdays from 1-4pm.
Christian HELP Center, 300 Huron St. Grayling, MI 49738. 989-348-6046 M-W-F 11a-3pm
- Oscoda UMC, 120 W. Dwight Ave, Oscoda, MI 48750. Outside pantry accessable 24/7. Inside pantry access M-F 10-3pm.
- First Baptist of Tawas City, 401 2nd St, Tawas City, MI 48763. Pantry hours: 4th thursday of every month 1230-330pm. (Nov + Dec will be 3rd thurs) 989-362-8422
- Oscoda Senior Center: 653 State St, Oscoda, MI 48750. Pantry hours: Tuesdays: 10-1pm + Thursdays 5-830pm.
- Hale Senior Center: 310 N Washington St, Hale, MI 48739. Pantry hours: M-F 9-1pm.
- Sand Lake Senior Center: 4049 Indian Lake Rd, National City, MI 48748. Pantry hours: M-W-Th 9-3pm.
Atlanta Senior Center, 11780 M-33 N, Atlanta, MI 49709. 989-785-2112. 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month.
Hillman Senior Center, 421 Pineview Ct, Hillman, MI 49746. 989-742-3013. Monday-Thursday 3-5pm
- Montmorency County Commission on Aging Admin Office: 11463 McArthur Rd, Atlanta, MI 49709. Pantry hours: Tuesday-Thursday from 10am-4pm. 989-785-2580
- St. Stephens Pantry (Skidway/Prescott) 2811 E Greenwood Rd, Prescott, MI 48756. 989-873-3340 Pantry Hours: M&W 10-12pm.
- Oscoda County COA/Mio Senior Center, 429 N Mt Tom Rd, Mio, MI 48647, 989-826-3025. Pantry Hours: M-F 8-4pm
- Otsego County United Way, 116 E 5th St, Gaylord, MI 49735, 989-732-8929 Pantry Hours: M-F 12-2pm.
Presque Isle County:
Rogers City Senior Center, 131 Superior St, Rogers City, MI 49799. 989-734-2958 Pantry Hours: M-F 10-3pm.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.