Alcona County NEMCSA Services & Programs
Early Childhood Services
Early Head Start
- Services pregnant women and children 0 - 3 and their families
- Comprehensive child development and early educational services (health, nutrition, family support services)
Head Start / Great Start Readiness Programs (GSRP)
- Preschool education program for children 3 - 5 who come from low income families
- Provides education, social services, health / dental, nutrition, mental health, and disability services to participating families
School Success Partnership
What Does the School Success Program Do?
A School Success Liaison will meet with the parent(s)/guardian, child, teachers, and school administrators to develop and create a plan for student success. These plans address all areas of concern and include intervention strategies for school and home. School Success Liaisons make weekly student contacts and bi-weekly contacts with parent(s)/guardian, teachers and other community resources. The program is designed to link families with resources and coordinate services when needed. Click here to find out more.
Region 9 Area Agency on Aging
What is the Purpose of the Area Agency on Aging?
The purpose of the Region 9 Area Agency on Aging is to plan, coordinate and develop a comprehensive service delivery system for the elderly within its planning and service area. Some of the many programs under Region 9 are Community Based Care Services, Evidence Based Disease Prevention Services, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, The Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP), Volunteer Services and many more. Click here to find out more.
Housing & Community Programs
What Does the Housing & Community Programs Division Do?
- The Food Boost Program, formerly known as the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), provides extra food to those in need.
- The Golden Groceries Giveaway Program, formerly known as Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), provides food to low-income seniors age 60 or older. Distributions are monthly.
- The Weatherization Program can install energy efficient measures to help reduce the energy usage of households. Households must income qualify.
- The Rental Housing Assistance Programs can provide case management and financial assistance (rent, security deposit and other supportive services) to homeless households and households at risk of homelessness.
Foreclosure & Homebuyer Programs
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Financial Capability Program
- Homebuyer Education
Self Sufficiency Programs for Northeast Michigan
- Family Self-Sufficiency
In addition to the many services and programs that NEMCSA provides to Alcona County residents, there are a multitude of other resources available. CLICK HERE for access to Michigan 2-1-1.