Weatherization Assistance Program
Alcona | Alpena | Arenac | Cheboygan | Crawford | Iosco | Montmorency | Ogemaw | Oscoda | Otsego | Presque Isle
What Is It?
The Weatherization Assistance Program is free to low-income home owners and renters. Services provided reduce energy use and lower utility bills.
What happens if I qualify? Click here for more information
- Introduction to Weatherization and Client Education
- Basic Health and Safety inspection
- Testing of appliances for efficiency and safety
- Testing of Combustion Appliance Zone for safety
- Inspection of the exterior of the home
- Inspection of the interior of the home
- Blower door test- see below for an example of what this looks like.
Why Should I Apply?
According to national studies, households that receive weatherization services can expect heating costs to be reduced up to 25 percent. As fuel costs continue to rise, even greater savings will result.
Please Note: The Weatherization Assistance Program does not include funding for structural (roofs and windows), plumbing, mold or electrical repairs. To clarify, this is not an emergency or a home repair program.
How Do I Apply?
Currently accepting referrals for Weatherization.
Click HERE to e-mail or call (989) 358-4700.
**Please note: completing the referral form does not put you on the waitlist for Weatherization**
(NOTE: Not all content in this video is reflective of NEMCSA services.)