Roscommon County NEMCSA Services & Programs
What is the Purpose of the Area Agency on Aging?
The purpose of the Region 9 Area Agency on Aging is to plan, coordinate and develop a comprehensive service delivery system for the elderly within its planning and service area. Some of the many programs under Region 9 are Community Based Care Services, Evidence Based Disease Prevention Services, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, The Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program and (MMAP).
Click here to find out more.
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Must be age 55 or better
- No minimum hours of service
- No income eligibility criteria
- Mileage reimbursement to & from service
Housing & Client Services
What Does the Housing & Client Services Division Do?
- The Rental Housing Assistance Programs can provide case management and financial assistance (rent, security deposit and other supportive services) to homeless households and households at risk of homelessness.
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Financial Capability Program
- Homebuyer Education
- Family Self-Sufficiency
Community action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other. Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency provides further programs and services to Roscommon County residents.
Michigan 2-1-1 connects people with community resources and information.
CLICK HERE for access to Michigan 2-1-1.