Presque Isle County NEMCSA Services & Programs
Early Head Start
- Services pregant women and children 0 - 3 and their families
- Comprehensive child development and early educational services (health, nutrition, family support services)
Head Start / Great Start Readiness Programs (GSRP)
- Preschool education program for children 3 - 5 who come from low income families
- Provides education, social services, health / dental, nutrition, mental health, and disability services to participating familes
A School Success Liaison will meet with the parent(s)/guardian, child, teachers, and school administrators to develop and create a plan for student success. These plans address all areas of concern and include intervention strategies for school and home. School Success Liaisons make weekly student contacts and bi-weekly contacts with parent(s)/guardian, teachers and and other community resources. The program is designed to link families with resources and coordinate services when needed. Click here to find out more.
What is the Purpose of the Area Agency on Aging?
The purpose of the Region 9 Area Agency on Aging is to plan, coordinate and develop a comprehensive service delivery system for the elderly within its planning and service area. Some of the many programs under Region 9 are Community Based Care Services, Evidence Based DIsease Prevention Services, Long-Term Care Ombusdman Program, The Medicae/Medicaid Assitance Program (MMAP), Volunteer Services and many more. Click here to find out more.
Housing & Client Services
What Does the Housing & Client Services Divison Do?
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) provides food to low-income families. Distributions are in February, May, August & November.
- The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) provides food to low-income seniors age 60 or older. Distributions are monthly.
- The Weatherization Program can install energy efficient measures to help reduce the energy usage of households. Households must income qualify.
Michigan Enrolls helps Medicaid recipients make decisions when choosing a managed care health plan. Education, outreach and enrollment assistance for the health plans available in the recipient’s county of residence is provided.
- The Rental Housing Assistance Programs can provide case management and financial assistance (rent, security deposit and other supportive services) to homeless households and households at risk of homelessness.
- The Crisis Prevention Program assists with paying shut off notices or paying for deliverable fuels (such as wood, fuel oil & propane). The program is available to households that income qualify and meets the program guidelines.
- Forclosure Assistance
- Financial Capability Program
- Homebuyer Education
- Individual Development Account
- Family Self-Sufficiency
- Youth Individual Development Account
In addition to the many services and programs that NEMCSA provides to Presque Isle County residents, there are a multitude of other resources available. You can view additional resources by CLICKING HERE.
Michigan 2-1-1 connects people with community resources and information.
CLICK HERE for access to Michigan 2-1-1.