Weatherization Assistance Program
Alcona | Alpena | Arenac | Cheboygan | Crawford | Iosco | Montmorency | Ogemaw | Oscoda | Otsego | Presque Isle
What Is It?
The Weatherization Assistance Program is free to low-income home owners and renters. Services provided reduce energy use and lower utility bills.
What happens if I qualify? Click here for more information
- Introduction to Weatherization and Client Education
- Basic Health and Safety inspection
- Testing of appliances for efficiency and safety
- Testing of Combustion Appliance Zone for safety
- Inspection of the exterior of the home
- Inspection of the interior of the home
- Blower door test- see below for an example of what this looks like.
Why Should I Apply?
According to national studies, households that receive weatherization services can expect heating costs to be reduced up to 25 percent. As fuel costs continue to rise, even greater savings will result.
Am I Eligible?
Check to see the guidelines below:
NEW Income Guidelines | Effective beginning January 2019:
|Family Size||Last 3 Months of Income||Other Qualifications|
|1||$6,245|| *You live in one of our service counties (see list above)
*You own or rent
*The home you are living in is:
* a house or manufactured home - OR -
* a mobile home built in 1994 or after
How Do I Apply?
Currently accepting referrals for Weatherization.
Click HERE to e-mail or call (989) 358-4700.
(NOTE: Not all content in this video is reflective of NEMCSA services.)