Homeless Assistance Programs
Alcona | Alpena |Cheboygan | Crawford | Iosco | Montmorency | Ogemaw | Oscoda | Otsego | Presque Isle | Roscommon
What Is It?
The Homeless Assistance Programs can provide services to secure and retain housing. The program also provides financial assistance (Security Deposit, Rent, or Back Rent) to homeless households and households at risk of homelessness.
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible if:
- You live in one of our service counties (see above)
- Your housing situation is such that:
- You are living on the streets, in your car, or in a shelter; OR
- You are a renter with an eviction notice; OR
- You are staying with friends or family on a temporary basis.
- You meet the program income requirements
(NOTE: Income guidelines may not apply if you are living on the streets, in your car, or in a shelter.)
Did you know that there is a Northeast Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness(NEMCAH)?
The NEMCAH is a collaborative group of community organizations and individuals with an interest in homelessness, housing needs, supportive housing, or housing related services in Alpena, Alcona, Cheboygan, Crawford, Iosco, Montmorency, Ogemaw, Otsego, Oscoda, Presque Isle and Roscommon counties.
The members of NEMCAH serve those who are experiencing homelessness or may be falling into homelessness: you, your neighbors or those living on the streets to name a few. Many members of our communities are experiencing a financial crisis that is affecting their ability to maintain housing stability. Visit the NEMCAH website for more information.
How Do I Apply?
Contact our centralized intake at:
(989) 358-4678 or 1(866) 484-7077 Ext. 278
Click HERE to e-mail