Care Management (CM) offers people options to remain independent and living in their own homes. We offer an array of in-home care services like bathing, dressing, cleaning, and respite services to support family caregivers. A Care Management team is made up of a Licensed Social Worker and a Registered Nurse. They perform a comprehensive assessment to determine what help is needed, then connect individuals to quality services offered through our network partners. Care Managers continue to assess need overtime to ensure participants are receiving the services necessary to continue living independently in their homes and their communities.
You may be eligible for the Care Management Program if you are:
- 60 years of age and older.
- Are currently in a nursing facility and want to return to your own home.
- Are currently living at home or the home of another, but extensive services are required to make it possible for you to stay living there.
- Are unable to take care of your needs and family and friends are unable to provide all of the care that is needed.
An initial telephone interview is performed to determine eligibility for the Care Management Program. If eligible, a comprehensive “in-home” assessment by a Supports Coordination team (nurse and case manager) will be scheduled.
- An evaluation of your individual needs and circumstances; assessing your health, emotional, social, financial, and environmental conditions.
- Assistance in developing a plan of care which might include services such as meals, personal care, or relief for caregivers. Most services are provided in your home; however, there are valuable supports such as adult day services that are available in a community setting. The Supports Coordinators will help you understand all your options. You can accept or refuse all or any of their recommendations.
- Help to arrange for the services you select.
- An on-going relationship in which we check in regularly to make sure you are satisfied. As your needs change, the Supports Coordinator can help you make adjustments to your plan.
There is a cost-sharing fee scale to help pay for this service. The Supports Coordinator can help you determine how to pay for your services. If you do not have the ability to pay for all your needed care, they will help seek out other funding options when available. Any services offered that could have a cost to you will be clearly explained and will not be arranged without your approval.
Contact the Intake Specialists to help connect you to programs and services.
Alpena Intake Specialist: 989.358.4631
Service Area: Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency and Presque Isle Counties, Lewiston, and City of Oscoda
Cheboygan Intake Specialist: 989.358.4740
Service Area: Cheboygan and Otsego Counties
West Branch Intake Specialist: 989.272.2268
Service Area: Arenac, Crawford, Iosco, Ogemaw, Oscoda, and Roscommon Counties