A Matter of Balance
Eight two-hour small group sessions led by a trained facilitator that helps older adults who are concerned about falls; have had falls in the past or are interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength. Classes are designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels among older adults. Contact Brooke at 989.358.4616 or email@example.com for more information.
Who should attend?
The program is designed to benefit older adults who:
- Are concerned about falls
- Have sustained falls in the past
- Restrict activities because of concerns about falling
- Are interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength
- Are age 60 or older, community-dwelling and able to problem solve
Participants gain confidence by learning to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risk at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Click on the dates below for a program flyer or the upcoming events flyer above.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm. Start date: October 6, 2020
Mondays 9:30am - 11:30am Start date: September 21, 2020
Wednesdays from 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm. Start date: November 10, 2020
For other programs click the icon below: