Arenac County NEMCSA Services & Programs
Early Childhood Services
Early Head Start
- Services pregnant women and children 0 - 3 and their families
- Comprehensive child development and early educational services (health, nutrition, family support services)
Head Start / Great Start Readiness Programs (GSRP)
- Preschool education program for children 3 - 5 who come from low income families
- Provides education, social services, health / dental, nutrition, mental health, and disability services to participating families
Region 9 Area Agency on Aging
What is the Purpose of the Area Agency on Aging?
The purpose of the Region 9 Area Agency on Aging is to plan, coordinate and develop a comprehensive service delivery system for the elderly within its planning and service area. Some of the many programs under Region 9 are Community Based Care Services, Evidence Based DIsease Prevention Services, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, The Medicare/Medicaid Assitance Program (MMAP), Volunteer Services and many more. Click here to find out more.
Housing & Client Services
What Does the Housing & Client Services Division Do?
- The Food Boost Program, formerly known as the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), provides extra food to those in need.
- The Golden Groceries Giveaway Program, formerly known as Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), provides food to low-income seniors age 60 or older. Distributions are monthly.
- The Weatherization Program can install energy efficient measures to help reduce the energy usage of households. Households must income qualify.
Foreclosure & Homebuyer Programs
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Financial Capability Program
- Homebuyer Education
Self Sufficiency Program for Northeast Michigan
- Family Self-Sufficiency
Michigan 2-1-1 connects people with community resources and information.
CLICK HERE for access to Michigan 2-1-1.