Arenac County NEMCSA Services & Programs
Do you need help due to challenges that occurred from the COVID-19 pandemic? NEMCSA CARES Services might be able to help you with :
- Home Repair
- Car Insurance & Car Repairs
- Transportation Assistance
- Funeral Assistance
- And more...
Read more about CARES services HERE
Early Head Start
- Services pregnant women and children 0 - 3 and their families
- Comprehensive child development and early educational services (health, nutrition, family support services)
Head Start / Great Start Readiness Programs (GSRP)
- Preschool education program for children 3 - 5 who come from low income families
- Provides education, social services, health / dental, nutrition, mental health, and disability services to participating families
What is the Purpose of the Area Agency on Aging?
The purpose of the Region 9 Area Agency on Aging is to plan, coordinate and develop a comprehensive service delivery system for the elderly within its planning and service area. Some of the many programs under Region 9 are Community Based Care Services, Evidence Based DIsease Prevention Services, Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, The Medicare/Medicaid Assitance Program (MMAP), Volunteer Services and many more. Click here to find out more.
Housing & Client Services
What Does the Housing & Client Services Division Do?
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) provides food to low-income families. Distributions are in February, May, August & November.
- The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) provides food to low-income seniors age 60 or older. Distributions are monthly.
- The Weatherization Program can install energy efficient measures to help reduce the energy usage of households. Households must income qualify.
- The Crisis Prevention Program assists with paying shut off notices or paying for deliverable fuels (such as wood, fuel oil & propane). The program is available to households that income qualify and meets the program guidelines.
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Financial Capability Program
- Homebuyer Education
- Family Self-Sufficiency
In addition to the many services and programs that NEMCSA provides to Arenac County residents, there are a multitude of other resources available. You can view additional resources here.
Michigan 2-1-1 connects people with community resources and information.
CLICK HERE for access to Michigan 2-1-1.