Steps for Getting Your Affairs in Order
- Put all your important papers and copies of legal documents in one place.
- Start having conversations about end-of-life, money, and other important topics with family and friends.
- Address any legal issues.
- Tell a trusted family member or friend where you put all your important documents.
- Discuss your end-of-life preferences with your family members and doctors.
- Give permission in advance for your doctor or lawyer to talk with your caregiver as needed.